Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Earth to Courtney!

We've started wikis this week. To be honest, my head is still spinning. Each key I pressed (during the practice exercise) felt like the coordination of a moon landing. I'm sure it will come to me....eventually. I do love the final product, though.  The idea of having a living, breathing resource space is pretty comforting. I know it will be beyond helpful during our internship year.

I can already see ways in which this blog can be used with students. One of my concentrations is geography, so I can deffinately see using a blog as a travel journal exercise. Students would write about an experience in a region we were currently studying, incorporating important key terms/concepts while using their creativity to imagine how they would react to unknown environments.

1 comment:

  1. Love your thinking about how to incorporate a blog tool into the Geography classroom. This is reflective practice -- awesome. Some really neat stuff is also happening in classrooms with Google Earth, and a classroom blog could be used to broadcast or share with the school audience what your students are doing/practicing/learning.

    As a Knox County intern you will have access to a blog tool within your school website. I hope you have a supportive cooperating teacher who will explore blogs with you.

    ReplyDelete